Blackberry 8800 Hack: Make microSD Mass Storage DeviceHere is a step-by-step on making your microSD card read as a mass storage device. This Blackberry hack will allow you to transfer files to and fro without using the Blackberry Desktop Manager software.
- Go to the Options icon on your Blackberry 8800 and select the Advanced Options
- Select Media Card
- Choose the following options.
- Media Card Support: ON
- Encryption Mode: NONE, although you can change
- Mass Storage Mode Support: ON
- Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: YES
- Safely Remove on Battery Door Removal: YES, this means you can swap microSD cards without shutting down the Blackberry.
- Lastly, if â€œPromptâ€ is selected for â€œAuto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connectedâ€ then you will get this screen when attempting to connect your Blackberry 8800 series to your computer. Just click â€œDonâ€™t ask this againâ€ and it wont appear again.