In addition, Rockbox is a great management tool for flash memory. For example, I just found out Rockbox may be used to run microSDHC cards on microSD compatible devices. Although the Rockbox solution might not work for all devices, it’s a great place to start when looking for possible solutions. Here are some key features of Rockbox:
- Support for over 15 Sound Codecs, including OGG and FLAC
- Gapless playback
- 5-band fully-parametric equalizer, and crossfeed
- The original xD format held between 16MBs and 512MBs.
- The following version was Type M. This increased storage capacity to 8GBs and released in the beginning of 2005.
- The next format version, Type H, increased performance of data transfer and has a storage range of 256MBs to 2GBs. Type H xD card was released in late 2005.