Archive for December, 2007
HaCha is one clean looking PMP player and some killer resolution too. Andrew from GearFuse stubmled upon this one and from one look GFM wanted to let our readers know. Although the 1GB version seems a littls small in capacity for it’s use the 2 & 4GB should do just about anyone.
The Chinese are among the heaviest commuters in the world, and we know that commuters just love to watch themselves some movies. The Chinese-made HaCha R280S media player features a 16 million color 2.83-inch LTPS LCD display with a clear resolution of 320 x 240. The HaCha has around 4 hour playback for video, supporting WMA and AVI files, along with WAV and MP3 files for music and JPEG images. Measuring in at 85.5 x 55 x 9.8 mm, the HaCha is expected to be available in 1 GB, 2 GB, and 4 GB models with miniSD card support on each. Weighing in at 57.1g, the R280S is proof that good things come in small packages. Simple, sleek, and useful is how we like â€˜em.
â€“ Andrew Dobrow Link (translated from Chinese) Source: GearFuse Continue Reading
In addition, Rockbox is a great management tool for flash memory. For example, I just found out Rockbox may be used to run microSDHC cards on microSD compatible devices. Although the Rockbox solution might not work for all devices, it’s a great place to start when looking for possible solutions. Here are some key features of Rockbox:
- Support for over 15 Sound Codecs, including OGG and FLAC
- Gapless playback
- 5-band fully-parametric equalizer, and crossfeed
- The original xD format held between 16MBs and 512MBs.
- The following version was Type M. This increased storage capacity to 8GBs and released in the beginning of 2005.
- The next format version, Type H, increased performance of data transfer and has a storage range of 256MBs to 2GBs. Type H xD card was released in late 2005.